What information we collect about you
We collect contact information about you when you get in touch with us so we can get back to you.
We also collect some necessary personal information if you decide to sign up for our services. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions.
If you would like to get in touch with us, we will collect the following personal information:
- Your name
- The best way to contact you: your telephone number, email address or both
- So we can provide better information you can also tell us about:
- your sports background and your injury history
How do we use information about you (=Purpose of Processing)
We are going to use your name and contact details to contact you regarding your query.
We will use your information provided in point 3 , sports and injury history) in order to provide services as requested – to create a fitness program that is designed for your goals and needs.
May you sign up to our services we will collect further information about you such as:
- Contact information: email address
- Contact information: telephone number
- Contact information: home address
- Legally required information: Date of Birth
- Optional: social media contact information
- Medical information: Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q) (legally required so we can train you)
- Medical information: injury and illness history (required to train you safely and effectively and minimize injury risk)
- Fitness goals: required so we can create the right program for you
- Optional: photos and videos – we may take photos and videos during your training session and to document your results but only if you are happy with it. If you did not opt in / consent to be on our photos and videos we make sure you are not on these at all. We will not publish these outside of the organisation unless you have given us permission to do so on an individual basis (which means you are allowed to see the photos we would like to publish about you and ensure you are happy with them being published).
The above information (unless stated optional) is necessary for us to be able to provide our services to you. It is either a legal requirement or us to obtain the above information, or we cannot provide our services to you without it.
We do not use your data for automated decision making – we do not have automated decision making processes.
We’d love to keep in touch so if you agree, we will also keep you in the loop about what’s happening in StandStrong.
We may only do this is you ask us to be kept in the loop. You may also choose your preferred contact methods (Email, Text message or Post).
If you are not currently “in the loop” (=not opted in to receive marketing information from us), you can always do so by emailing us.
If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
To do so email us email@example.com
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Legal basis of processing
- Using your contact information to get back to you: legitimate interest
- Using your contact information for marketing purposes: consent (we’ll only do this if you consent to it)
- If you are an active client of StandStrong: using your contact information to update you on information regarding operations and internal communications for members (e.g. opening hours, scheduling): legitimate interest
- Medical information: PAR-Q and injury history: contract (we are required by law to collect this information so we can legally train you)
- Fitness goals: legitimate interest
- Photos and videos: consent
Recipients of your personal data
Your personal data will be shared with StandStrong trainers (currently Hannah Clay and Sam Hinton).
Sharing your data outside of the above (e.g. photos you are recognisable on for marketing purposes) will only happen with your explicit consent. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
When using electronic systems to store your data, we ensure that we only use providers and systems who are GDPR compliant and make sure your data is safe with them.
We retain your information as long as it is relevant and for a period of 7 years after in case it is needed for legal purposes.
This means we retain information you provided us when you signed up with us and throughout the time period of training with us for 7 years after you stopped training with us.
In case you decide not to sign up with us, we do not retain your medical information and fitness goals.
If you opt in for marketing communications we will only process your information until you opt out (which you have the right to do any time).
If you’d like to know more about your rights, please see here: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
- The Right to be Informed: You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data. (This page does just that)
- The Right to Access: You have the right to access personal data we hold about you.
- The Right to Rectification: you have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified or completed if it is incomplete.
- The Right of Erasure: you have the right to have personal data erased. The right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances.
- Right to Restrict Processing: you have the right to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data. This is not an absolute right and only applies in certain circumstances. In this case we will store the personal data, but not use it.
- Right to Data Portability: you have the right to to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services
- Right to Object: you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. You have an absolute right to stop your data being used for direct marketing.
- Rights related to automatic decision making including profiling: as we do not have automated decision making or profiling systems this is not applicable.
You also have the the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority
In the UK the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) will be the Supervisory Authority and you can get in touch with them via their website: https://ico.org.uk/
You can request us to provide you the personal data we hold about you, to rectify or complete your personal data, to erase your personal data, to restrict processing, to port your data or to object verbally (just ask) or in writing. We have a month to respond to your request.
How to contact us
Data Protection Officer: Hannah Clay
Telephone: 0117 251 0119