Build confidence, awareness, resilience
Welcome to StandStrong Krav Maga, Bristol
Welcome to StandStrong Krav Maga Bristol. We are not a generic Krav Maga self-defence school, we are here to give you the tools to empower yourself regardless of your background and your journey ahead. Together we accept our individualities, creating a community of like-minded people to use their voices and STAND STRONG, in their mind and body.
Our unique structured programs develop your physical and mental wellbeing, going above and beyond the standard self-defence schools across Bristol
We believe that self defence should be for everyone. That’s why we instill a positive training experience for everyone at our clubs. No egos, No negativity.
Getting started in Krav Maga & Martial Arts Bristol
Krav Maga is a self defence system that was created to provide a solution to threats and violence that could occur anywhere, anytime. Although it incorporates elements from a mix of martial arts, it isn’t a sport. The focus is to keep you safe and get you away from danger as quickly as possible. More info on Krav Maga can be found by clicking here.
What do you learn at StandStrong?
- Self defence techniques covering a variety of situations taught over a structured programme allowing you to feel equipped to defend yourself.
- How to strike and move effectively in stand up and on the ground, against weapons, and multiple attackers
- Avoiding dangerous situations is paramount to keeping you and your loved ones safe, learning techniques to maintain distance is top of our priority list.
- How to break the freeze response when a threat presents itself. You’ll learn how to control your emotions through various techniques and drills.
- Your voice will be heard! Setting your boundaries is fundamental to improving your self-esteem. It is not OK to have your personal space invaded or emotionally manipulated. We will teach you how important this is to your physical and mental wellbeing; young or old, male or female.
- Build resiliency, especially in children, and create a stronger future.
- Listening to your body with strength training and healthy diets. Giving you more energy to take on the day.
- Gain situational awareness, because it is not OK to be bullied, pushed around, or controlled.
- We are in this together! Our online social network is developed to support and encourage each other, keeping us accountable on our development through the programme whilst being part of a community.
Trial class pass
Every Monday 7.15pm Easton and Wednesday 7.30pm St George, Bristol
Learning Krav Maga self-defence for real life situations, with female emphsis in reagrds to safety, allowing you to feel confident and safe in any given environment.
Focusing on overall flexible movement, strength and stamina in each class. Along with building healthy, yet fierce mindsets.
Every Thursday 7pm and Sunday 10.30am in Kingswood, Bristol.
Equipping you with the techniques to defend you and your loved ones, whilst getting fitter and stronger at the same time.
Each class follows a structured program designed to help you build your fighting mentality, knowledge and self defence skills.
Kids and Teens
Multiple classes available across the week.
Suitable for 4 years to 10 years old and 11 to 15 years old.
Offering self-defence techniques suitable for a variety of situations, including stranger awareness, streetwise and bullying. Teaching the importance of their voice, keeping distance and building resiliency, physically and mentally.
Instructors are enhanced DBS checked
1:1 / group/Corporate
Private one to one Krav Maga, or small group classes when training with colleagues or friends.
Flexible timings and locations.
Upon consultation, these are tailored programmes to develop your progress with self-defence, fitness and mindset journey.
Pricing dependant on service required
All our customers start their StandStrong Krav Maga journey using our trial class pass. It’s a great way for you to get to know us before you decide if we are the club for you.
Adults Class Pass
Your first 3 Classes
Teen/Kids Class Pass
Your first 3 Classes
Where to find us
All of our Krav Maga and self defence classes are currently in Bristol at the venues below. Find the class you wish to attend above and click the links to find more details
Ladies only (Monday) Easton Community Centre
Kilburn Street, BS5 6AW
Ladies only and kids (Wednesday)
St George Community Centre
Church Road, BS5 8AA
Adults, Teens and Kids Creative Youth Network The Kingswood Estates BS15 8BD
What our people say
I’ve tried Krav Maga in the past and I was worried about joining another class again. How wrong I was ! Hannah is exceptional as an instructor and personal trainer. She is very enthusiastic about training people to the best of their ability and you feel that she truly believes in you and is passionate about you progressing and developing. She is also very friendly. Krav Maga is a great self protection skill and Hannah and Sam will develop you and push you at your own pace to become the best you can.
I was looking to learn a new skill in self defence. As a woman Krav Maga stood out as you learn practical skills should there be a situation to defend. Stand Strong is different to other schools that I have tried before – Hannah focused on developing general strength, common woman attacks, defence mentality and learning a variety of techniques from other defence schools. To me this stood out as who knows who you’ll be defending against. Overall I would say a great Krav Maga school in Bristol. Thanks Hannah!
I have recently joined StandStrong Krav Maga and I can honestly say that Hannah and Sam easily rank amongst the best instructors I have ever trained under. In my opinion the classes have the right mix of fitness and training in Krav Maga techniques. The students are both friendly and welcoming. It is suitable for all age groups(I am 63). I would have no hesitation in recommending this school to anyone who is interested in improving their general fitness whilst learning a potentially useful self defence skill.